Frequently Ask Questions

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


For transfer of title of moveable and immoveable properties.

Legal heirs as per Family Relationship Certificate (FRC).

First apply to National Database And Registration Authority (NADRA) and if refused or declined by NADRA then approached to the court.


If both parties are agree then can dissolve their marriage by way of mutual divorce.

There are three types / kinds of separation

  1. Divorce
  2. Mutual Divorce
  3. Khulla

In mutual Divorce both parties cannot live together as husband and wife and willing to dissolve their marriage then Divorce deed prepared with mutual consent and both parties sign thereon.


Wife may file a Suit before court for dissolution of marriage by way of Khulla.

In case of Khulla wife does not have any right of dower.


By filling a suit before court for recovery of dower / dowry / maintenance.


It can be decided by mutual understanding otherwise law says girls live with their mother till the age of puberty and son till the age of 7 years.


By filling of Petition before the court for Guardianship Certificate.

No, there is no specific guardian certificate format in Pakistan. To get a guardian certificate from the court you need to hire the services of a family lawyer.

The frequently asked questions are for informational purposes only. Click for Book Appointment or Contact Us.